Whigfield interview





Hello Sannie first thank you for accepting this interview.

How did Mrs Whigfield, your music teacher, react when she knew you were using her name as a tribute to her?
I actually never got to know what she thought about the whole
idea, as I hadn’t spoken to her in years. But I’m sure she must have been
happy.


Have you ever wanted to be a singer?
As most kids, growing up I wanted to be a little bit of everything.
But on top of everything I loved music and music has always played a huge
part in my life.


Your hit single was “Saturday night” fallow by a nice video, my question is who is the guy from the photo you kissed on "Saturday night" video?
That guy is actually the director of the video, and the photo was
taken on holiday in Ibiza. I’m not sure what he was doing full of mud as he
was, as I wasn’t there myself.


What kind of music do you listen?
I listen to anything that gives me emotions, from classic to rock,
dance, Electro Ect.
It all depends on how I wake up. Normally when I compose, I don’t listen to
other music than what I’m working on.


What do you like to do in your free time?

I love to cook; I love to invent my own recipes. Go bike riding,
swim and watch movies


Do you wrote your own songs?

I haven’t written any of the “Whigfield” material but these last few
years I’ve written for many other artists like Benny Benassi, Benassi Bros,In-grid, Ann-Lee, Spagna, Favretto Ect..


If you had to choose between singing and being a model what will be?
Well! Singing of course, modelling was just something I did when I
was younger to pay the bills.


One of my favourite track is” Close to you”. Has the tune a story? And who wrote that track?
Well apart from being a great love song it was also the sound track(in Spanish) to a famous soap opera in Brazil.
The authors are: Davide Riva, Larry Pignagnoli, Annerley Gordon


Were you into the 90’s euro dance? Did you have a favourite band?

Some of it, but mostly I would listen to more club orientated music and I honestly didn’t really have a favourite band.

Why did you cut your hair?
Why not?

Did you thought to make a material in Danish?
No way! First of all I’ve been away far too long from Denmark to
even express myself properly in Danish, secondly I’ve never thought that
Danish sounds very good when sung.


Do you still keep the contact with the girls from Benassi Bros. Dhany and Sandy Chambers ? Would you like to sing a duet with one of them?
I still see the girls once in a while and I’d be quite stupid not
wanting to do a duet with any of them, as they are both wonderfully talented
singers.



Among all the concert and live appearance you did, which one(s) left a special memories ? Any anecdotes ?
I did a festival at Moscow’s Gorky park where Boney M where
headlining. I was told that there were nearly 1 million people so that was
quite breathtaking. The anecdotes I can’t tell as they are secret, he, he.


What a good advise can give to a girl or boy who wants to step in this industry?
Get ready to work really hard and make sure you read the fine print on all contracts. Have fun with what you do otherwise it can become quite nasty as this is a tuff business.

In fashion “The Devil’s wears Prada” ?
If I were the devil, I’d definitely wear Versace.

Are you working at a new material Whigfield if is true when will be released?
Well currently we have quite a lot of demo’s just about to be
realized, so maybe for Christmas or within the new year.


Sannie If you could change something in your past life, what would it be?
Nothing much. I think that I’ve been lucky with such a curious life so far. That’s more than enough I guess.

What was the funniest story or gift got from your fans?
There is a fan that by now I call friend. It’s a German guy who’s
followed my career since almost the beginning. He’s been to so many of my
shows and TV - Performances that to count would be impossible.


If I had to characterize yourself in three words, what would it be?
Silly, loving, crazy
Thank you so much Sannie..

Thanks’ again and a huge kiss to anyone who’s gonna be reading this.





Special Thanks to Sannie & Off Limits Production

No comments:

Post a Comment