Melanie Thornton ep 9


In a old interview, Melanie said "Looking back, it seems like it happened very quickly. In the process, it really didn't blow me away. I did the studio session with Amir Saraf and Uli Brenner in November 1993. Meanwhile, I was gigging, making my money, earning my living. Two months later, they called and said a record label was interested in releasing "Sweet Dreams" as a single".
At that time, Melanie was still hesitating between the 2 projects : La Bouche and Le Click.
But the success was immediate because "Sweet dreams" went #3 in Israel, #1 in Italy and Spain, #8 in Germany, #8 in Australia, #8 in France, #5 in Switzerland, top 30 in the UK, # 13 in the USA Billboard Hot 100 (where it stayed not less than 33 weeks !).
With Le Click release "Tonight Is The Night" at the same with "Sweet Dreams" like I said both songs with massive success in USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment