Christina Undhjem - It´s not very often i get "goosebumps" from an new artist theese days!



First i want to know how did you start your music career ?
Hehehe.....well profesionaly in Denmark with my band YOUKNOWWHO in 1995! But before that i went to different music schools: folkehøgskule and viken folkehøgskule in Norway and Vig Rytmiske Musikkhøjskule from Danemark.
I also came from a very musical family. They tought me alot!Specially my brother Eivind Løberg(composer and former childstar in Norway)

So you came from a family of musicians... that explains the mark from your music...
:)

Who came with YouknowWho name ?
I can't remember who came up with the band name.....but i do remember that we wrote a song called "YouKnowWho" but it never got released!

Who wrote the songs from Youknowwho material ?
Me, Martin Larsson and Lars Jensen wrote the tracks on the YouKnowWho album!And was produced in Lemon Studio Stockholm/Sweden by Chairon/Max Martin and Dennis Pop.

Do you still keep in touch with your colleagues ?
I don't really have contact with the guys anymore!They´re in  US now. We took different roads...but who knows what the future brings!:)

One of my favorites songs from you are: "Fly with me"(Yamino), "Dreams"(Dj Aligator) and "Underneath My Skin"... Those songs have a story if they do what are  ?
Hmmm hard 'cause i don't remember Fly with me about Dj Aligator - "Dreams" - Ali want me to sing that song thought it would fit my voice it is so long time ago, I can't remember if i co-wrote it. "Underneath my skin" it's song i like too because i could relate to the lyrics but i do not write!. I don't know if those song have a story... BUT i´m glad you like them!


What inspires you when you write songs ?
What inspires me to write?! ..Well... from life cause every experience has a story.....so i write about what i go trough in life. But i also get inspired by the norwegian nature!!!!I find it easy to write when i miss something or someone! I am very sensitive and melancolic :)


For which artists did you wrote? Why did you stop doing dance music ?
I never loved to sing dance music, but sometimes you have to compromise when you´re in a band!
I am into slow music because i'm a melancolic girl..
But do love to write dance music for other artists!!!! But not for myself to release!
I have written for Danish artists,sweedish,german,asian,nowegian,UK,US what i can think of right now! The biggest cut i have had is Jeniffer Rush´s new album "Now Is The Hour"!!!!


Christina you are the hole package - artist with beauty, talent and you wrote amazing lyrics if a big producer whats to make you bigger would you accept it ? Or do you think that commercial music is not what you want to do ?
I love comercial music,but it must be great project!!!!!!And it has to be me in it!! :)


What do you think about music market now ?
Well the music market now is not what it used to be! I miss the old days! ... There will never be a new Whitney, Michael, Pavarotti to name a few!!!And i think it's easy too to become an artist theese days.....cuz you don't have to be a good singer just good looking!!
It´s not very often i get "goosebumps" from an new artist theese days! It's so,so sad!!!


Do did you always dreamed to be a singer ?
Yes,and i will always sing till my last days!! :)


In the future whit whom do you like to work with ?
I would love to work with Rolf Løvland,Gino Vannelli(have worked with him before)and David Foster!!!


Tell me about your new song "One Last Time" what is the story behind ?
The story behind my new song?! I think once in life we all had an bad experience with - broken heart! "One Last Time" - is my story!


What are your future projects
My future projects ... hmmm is to write more songs for me and for other artits!
I hope that one day to get signed with some serious label, who wants the best for me and my music....doers not talkers and i will like to do music movie!!! That is one of my biggest dream.....to make music for movies!!!




A message do you have for us ?

A message ?! hmmm
Think for yourself and do it yourself!



Visit also her official page

No comments:

Post a Comment